Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Let Go of What You Think You Know

Have you ever given someone advice and then realized that you were telling yourself what you really needed to hear? A friend of mine is trying to lose weight, and someone that he respected told him how he was going to fail and why. I told him that he will do what he desires, and that there will always be people who will try to drag him down. I told him not to give those people the power to do that.

Wow!  Hello??? Did I just say that? I truly meant what I said to him, but my own words resonated in my brain. God will decide what will happen in my life. I just have to do what I can on my end. If it is meant to be, He will make it happen ~ but I can't sit around waiting for something wonderful to happen. I have to be proactive. Yes, God opens doors, but I am the one who has to walk through it. I have to be paying attention! I have to work hard, let go of what I think I know, and let God work in my life, and not give other people the power to make me question what I truly want to do and feel is my calling.

1 comment: