Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What If.....

What if......

I had more money?

I was thinner?

I had more confidence?

I had a nicer house?

I looked younger?




When something doesn't go my way, I assume that either I have failed or it's not what God wants for me. Usually the first one. I am personally competitive.  But as I look back through my life, I see that God has put me in different places and with different people for a reason.  At the time I had no idea that where I was at that moment was where I was supposed to be, to travel where God is leading me.

It is difficult, as a human, not to ask "what if" in so many situations in our lives. People have spent years of their lives dwelling on the "what ifs". It does no good to do that. It is not productive, and we waste precious time thinking about things in the past. I really don't think God wants us to look back. I think He wants us to live today, because He tells us that He will take care of tomorrow. It is alright to have wonderful memories, but we needn't dwell on things we cannot change. Take each day as the gift that it is, and instead of burying yourself in the past, use that time to spend more time with God.

What if.....

We truly Let Go and Let God?

We saw each day as a day closer to God?

We loved everyone?

We could really forgive?

We saw each milestone as a step closer to what He wants?

No comments:

Post a Comment